Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Daily Commute

Most people cannot say that one of the best things about their mornings and late afternoons is their commute to and from work- but I can! Especially living and working in LA where traffic is horrible (the avg. driver spends 72 hours annually stuck in traffic delays), I am extremely lucky to live so close that it takes me about 15 walking minutes to get to my office. I never have to worry about finding parking, don't have to deal with rude drivers, and never sit in a sea of stalled cars while fretting over how late I am going to be. Did you know that a long commute (when driving) negatively affects your happiness? If you suffer from a long commute, I hope a glimpse of mine will ease your anxiety and encourage you to move closer to work (you will save money and reduce pollution too!).

Palm trees shade the sidewalks
P1000049




Flowers are always in full bloom
P1000054

P1000053

I walk by a forest too
P1000038
It's actually a park (with basketball courts, tennis courts, and even a public indoor pool)!

Not a single leaf or wrapper left unswept
P1000039

Seriously.
P1000051

The cutest, friendliest dogs go on their daily walks too
P1000046

Meet Cosmo! (Yes, I fell in love too)
P1000043

Stop to smell zee roses!
P1000037

Time for the weekend! No Commute tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. that's dog's haircut is so stylish lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...so it begins...

    you better keep up with this blog or i'll be shhhhh pissed haha

    btw the random factoids are a good addition, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you trying to flaunt westwood and how our tax dollars are spent keeping rich neighborhoods looking pristine!? :)

    ReplyDelete